[MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys stumbler weirdness

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Sun Jun 23 13:47:36 EST 2002

K guys
 this is weird

I picked up one of the ricoh pci cradles yesterday, plugged it into my
XP boxen with an enterasys card in it, and all worked beautifully.

I also have another enterasys card in my winME lappy (tis not ME by
choice, so leave me alone!)

Both cards are flashed with the Orinoco firmware

When I run netstumbler on the XP box, the output looks kinda strange.
www.deefa.com/files/stumbler_wierdness.png

Under the channels tree, there is one MAC address, but under the SSID
tree, there are 2! Wtf?? The MAC ending in 7D3 is the enterasys card in
the lappy, so that’s normal. But I have nfi where the MAC ending in 6A6
is coming from. Theres no other cards near my house.

So. 3 questions that I throw out into the ether that is our mailing
list..

- Where is the MAC ending in 6A6 coming from?
- Why doesn’t the MAC ending in 7D3 show under the channels tree?
- Has anyone else seen this happen?

Thanks!

james

"Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes."

work: worker at aycs.org.au / personal : jimmy at deefa.com
msn: jimmy at deefa.com / ICQ : 6370237