[MLB-WIRELESS] D-Link DI-713P Wireless AP broadband gateway keep dropping connection.

Judd Howie coax_k at pacific.net.au
Thu Jun 20 19:07:54 EST 2002

Attached is a response from a D-link employee regarding the issue.

Name have been edited to protect the innocent.

---snip---

Hi Judd,
Here is some things to check for.
Please check your Windows XP computer power management settings (under
Control Panel and also in BIOS). Disable Power Management.

I have seen some reports about Norton Antivirus interferring with
Windows XP wireless engine - please try to disable this software and see
if it makes any difference.

Also try the following settings:
1. Right click on the WLAN card a nd select properties.
2. Click configure
3. Click advanced
4. Set the following settings (They all were set to 'Not Present') :
Adhoc Demo Mode: Disabled (or whatever suits you) Authentication
Algorithm: Automatic Based on wep (or whatever suits you) Fragementation
Threshold: 2432 Listen Interval: 3 Preamble Mode: Auto RTS Threshold:
2432

I hope that will fix the problem.
Regards,
dlinkemployee