[MLB-WIRELESS] RICOH PCI cradle

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Wed Jun 19 11:31:11 EST 2002

Yo,

Just speaking for myself, I am trying to get a Cisco 352 PCMCIA card
working in the Ricoh adapter in my Super7 motherboard with a P166.  Using
Linux Kernel 2.4.18 and pcmcia card services v3.1.33 builds result in the
whole computer freezing solid when I set adhoc and SSID mode.  I did notice
that /proc/interrupts showed that neither the Ricoh (assigned IRQ11) or the
PCMCIA card (assigned IRQ3) ever got beyond 0 counts.  This was the same
problem I had with the PLX adapter... except it didn't lock up when I set
Adhoc and SSID - but it didn't work either as the interrputs weren't being
asserted or processed.  The PLX adapter was PCI2.2, as the Ricoh is.  The
mobo is PCI2.0 using the VIA chipset from 1997/8.  In short, I have had a
gutful.  I will try the Ricoh and Cisco card in Linux on my PCI2.2 machine
(Duron) and I expect it will work simply coz the interrupts will happen
(they did with the PLX card.)

Seriously, for the money and using older Super/Socket7 boards, USB is
looking better and better.

I don't know how it goes in Windows on the Super7 board - and I won't be
trying it.  But I suspect it'll fail.