[MLB-WIRELESS] (Squid Proxy) Paths clearing for wireless netw orks

Ash ash02 at optushome.com.au
Tue Jun 18 17:20:19 EST 2002

Why couldn't we have cache farms??

Where everyone contributes?  This then stops the bouncing around the network
traffic caused by peer to peer networking.  Also we could have a large DATA
server (being ftp or wotever) to store large files. eg. ISO's etc.  These
servers would need to have several wireless connections to cater for the
bandwidth requirements.  With bandwidth management in place, an even amount
of data could be distributed.

Another point is many schools (i work for one) keep large caches, we could
contact them and see if they are interested in "sharing" their content.

These are just idea's!!

CYA

ASH