[MLB-WIRELESS] RoamAbout client operation problem was "Wireless Question"

Michael Borthwick holden at netspace.net.au
Mon Jun 17 11:16:05 EST 2002

Several people wrote of:

> > hmmm .. i think i'm having the same issue. Just to clarify my client util
> > is rapidy switching between connected and not operational, yet still able
> > to transfer files surf the net etc.

I had not seen this problem in over three months of using these cards, and I
tested every one of the 50 that I sold in Win 98 SE before I sent them out.

Under Win98 SE the problem only appeared when someone decided to upgrade my
Roamabout Utility to the current version from the web site. I imply reinstalled
the Enterasys software from the original CD and have not seen the problem
again.

I did not try re-installing the current version to see if that too would have
solved as I've never had any trouble with the earlier version.

My Version Info from the client utility shows:

Client Utility              Version 6.00
NDIS 5 Miniport      Version 6.25
Card                          Version 4.00
Firmware Primary     Version 4.00
Firmware Secondary Version 6.06