[MLB-WIRELESS] GPS Units

James Robertson orlock at central.warehouse.net
Mon Jun 17 09:11:40 EST 2002

Garmin GPS's are one of the main brands, and IMHO seem to be slightly
better for our uses than the others. a lot of mapping apps support
Garmin's native data format, plus you can get the connectors to make your
own Garmin data cable, from http://pfranc.com/. Its a "share hardware"
project, based on an honour system.

For better tracking/faster lock-on, get one of the newer type GPS's, that
will lock on to multiple satellites.

And if you are going to be around heavy tree cover/builtings/etc, you
might want an external antenna.

http://www.gpsoz.com.au/ can help you out with all of the above.

james