[MLB-WIRELESS] innernorth meeting proceedings

KevinL darius at obsidian.com.au
Sat Jun 15 21:28:50 EST 2002

Hey all,

Quick sum-up of the gathering we had today for innernorth people.
Attendants were James, Clae, Dwayne, Tony, Greg, Edward, Kevin, Susan,
and Jimmie, our dog (think that was everyone ;)  People arrived between
about 1pm and, well, later.

There was lots of general discussion about what's happening and how well
things seem to be moving forward.  We worked out where everyone is,
roughly, and I think there's two potential links coming out of it (James
to Greg, and Dwayne to Tony, with any luck).  People climbed onto our
roof, and agreed that there's far too many trees here - some discussion
ensued on either strapping a repeater to the tree or just lopping off
bits of the tree while people aren't looking ;)

We then progressed onto tinkering with cantennas - Clae's solder skills
were put to the test with somewhat sub-par soldering iron (he did well
;), to build an antenna which we then slotted into three different cans
- apricot juice, schmackos, and a baby food formula can.  Results from
testing will be forthcoming from James, as he took some pictures and
noted the results.

Oh, I think we're looking at making a web page dedicated to recipes for
the contents of the cans - Susan made a very nice "pears in brandy and
apricot juice" to clear the contents of the apricot juice can.

All up, it was a lot of fun - thanks to the people who turned up ;)  I
believe we're going to do another gathering in a couple of weeks, with a
view to spending half the day building antennas, the other half testing
them over at the park.  Will send more about that in a couple of weeks'
time, I guess :)

KevinL