[MLB-WIRELESS] Question about some Wireless cards

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Fri Jun 14 12:53:38 EST 2002

>Question 1:
>     Does the Antenna Gain have to match the Gain of the wireless card or can
>it be higher? (I am thinking that it does NOT have to match the card, but
>just thought i had better check.)

the antenna gain is *added* to the card's gain.
I'm not sure if that literally means you just add the two numbers
together or not, but the card gain is a measure of the power coming
out of the card, and the antenna gain a measure of how much the
antenna concentrates that power.

--
David Clae Gason
Secretary, Melbourne Wireless
mailto:secretary at wireless.org.au
http://wireless.org.au

i hate anarchists. i think there should be a law against them  -tahl