[MLB-WIRELESS] dumb / newbie question

Adam i_adam at iprimus.com.au
Thu Jun 13 00:50:43 EST 2002

I wrote Q1 and 2 before, thanks for your help so far, but before I definitely order ADSL I have to confirm how I can network it all together:
  Q1:  Will both USB devices talk to each other without an Access Point in the middle? (I'm guessing yes, but I just want to make absolutely sure).

  Q2:  I would like to set up a node with an antenna, is there anyway to do this with a USB device?  Otherwise, I'll probably only get one, and make the other one a PCMCIA / PCI adapter combo.

  I Want to network 2 desktop PCs wirelessly.
  I have no wireless hardware or ADSL modem.

  My previous ADSL I setup with CAT5 and a basic hub between three PCs with ICS in win2k & xp.

  Can I do it the same easy ICS way with wireless?  Do I just get ICS to automatically assign IP addresses to the wireless network cards?  Or do I have to get down and dirty and setup Windows 2000 with the extra routing software? Or does the wireless cards sort themselves out and I use their software?

  I just wanna make sure I don't order the expensive wireless devices and then find out when it's too late that I need a wireless router which costs $600.  I can keep the PC with the ADSL always on, and it can act as the router if need be.

  Eternally grateful for your advice,
  thanks
  Adam