[MLB-WIRELESS] Ricoh PCI adapter problems in Win2K - HELP

Bradley Dwyer bradley.dwyer at qsipayments.com
Wed Jun 12 18:48:05 EST 2002

I recently got some of the Ricoh chipset PCI adapters from the Melbourne
Wireless TIB. I've got the cards working in 98 and XP, but I can't get it
going under 2K....

Well, the PCI card is detected and works fine, and the Enterasys card works
fine too... I can see the box from another machine (either using Netstumbler
or the Link Test in the Client Utility). I can not see any other machines on
the 2K box however (using NS/Link Test). There is no TCP/IP connectivity
to/from the 2K machine.

I can poll the card on the 2K machine and get its MAC address and Card
Diagnostics reports everything is ok. Yet it can not see any other wireless
cards (even when others can see it). I've also swapped the wireless card
around with 3 others, and swapped the PCI card around with another two
(although it really shouldn't make a difference anyway - they work under
98/XP).

I've put the card in different PCI slots, and even on different machines
using 2K. Still the same problem.
Has anybody else come across this? Is there a solution? Am I going mad?

Thanks,
Brad