[MLB-WIRELESS] help please

Will Lanigan chooken at m00t.cjb.net
Tue Jun 11 21:27:00 EST 2002

bah
you aint broken broken nothin!  the flashed cards work bloody fine im using
them now :D
just make sure you have installed the enterasys card as an ORINOCO when
flashing (which you obviously did because you have managed to flash the
card).

however... my findings have been that the enterasys cards will not function
correctly when trying to run in peer-to-peer mode if it is still running
under the orinoco drivers. (you can however see it in netstumbler but you
cannot establish any kind of working connection)

To remedy this problem, simply install the
orinoco-firmware-flashed-enterasys-wireless device as the original Cabletron
Roamabout or whatever the feck windows wants to call it...  you will then be
able to ping etc. and have a nice stable link :-)

yes, i did just try one that second to confirm this was the situation.

good luck,
will lanigan