[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna Gain Testing?

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Fri Jun 7 12:14:51 EST 2002

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Tony Langdon wrote:

> 2.4 GHz sig gen... yep - using a multiplier after a 400 MHz Tx, I
> can generate around 50mW on 2.4 GHz.  I did that to range test some
> Galaxy downconverters.  I am looking into a power amp for my 2.4 GHz
> TV transmitter.  I could certainly use it for antenna testing as
> well. :)
>
> The system would have to be controlled by a licenced amateur, is the
> tests are done outside of an RF tight room (and I bet the hiring
> rates for RF anechoic chambers are pretty steep!).

Perhaps Tyson can have a dig around within CSIRO, as they are likely to
have this sort of thing.

If you know anyone "quietly" within the DSTO, they "aparently" have
these sorts of toys aswell.

I am sure there are others ..

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----