[MLB-WIRELESS] New submissions to the wireless broadband inquiry

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Fri Jun 7 00:03:26 EST 2002

Jamie Lovick wrote:

> By each of the groups working together to set pseudo standards and by
> showing that we can comply or integrate existing standards, it will
> benifit everyone.

This is true.

> Things like certification or atleast registration of antenna designs on
> each regions site, which has been tested in a propper testing facility
> to allow us to provide gain and propagation information. If someone
> wants to build their own, it should be checked .. the idea may be a
> little over the top, but we have to be seen to be pro-active in doing
> the right thing.

This is also true, and actually a nifty idea.
Especially if we follow their suggestion of a listing link budgets. Would this not enable us to develop a reasonable node map which combined with geographical
data would show theoretical coverage?

> If we are shown to do a bit of policing of the networks to ensure people
> are within the law, it will show us in a good light.

Err, dunno if "policing" is the right word, but yeah it's a good idea if we help people find out if they are legal or not.

Dwayne