[MLB-WIRELESS] early morning musings

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed Jun 5 10:24:17 EST 2002

> Well clae, 1 thing that you can take into consideration is
> that, for a mesh network
> orignally, you will need to go high, though as the network
> develops and more and more
> nodes are linking 2gether, the only concern LOS is goin 2 be
> is ppl who wish just to
> have their own personal links wif.  All the articles i have
> seen about crowding a
> spectrum and have no room for ppl to move in the band is
> actually better, cos the
> need for external antennas and devices will decrease, cos you
> won't simply need
> them, everyone will have a link via meshing the network..

As I hinted at in my previous message, the hollows can become our friend at
high node densities.  What they do is contain interference (and therefore
collision domains) to a local area, and the only signals getting in and out
are from the links at the edges of each valley, which are capable of
communicating with nodes on the other side.  I feel this has the potential
to increase network capacity considerably.  Let's use topography to our
advantage.  The valley you're in that sucks right now could eventually be
the reason you get kick ass throughput in the network of the future, while
your mate on the hill gets bogged down by all the traffic for miles around!!
:-)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses.