[MLB-WIRELESS] Nodedb Cull

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Tue Jun 4 13:14:45 EST 2002

Matt,

I'm not sure how you could do this without culling actual interested people
but possibly send email to all the addresses (as listed in the nodeDB) and
get them to reply with a simple subject line reply with their node name in
it if they want the info kept? After some length of time collate these
I found it took myself quite a while to get good co-ords from the location
db application and I don't really want to do it again. hmm, maybe I should
write them down while I think of it :)

Just a suggestion.

Lucas

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Matt Pearce"          |
|         |           <mattpearce at optushome.c|
|         |           om.au>                 |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           owner-melbwireless at wire|
|         |           less.org.au            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           04/06/2002 12:52 PM    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                    |
  |        To:      "melbourne wireless" <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>                                                                |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                         |
  |        Subject: [MLB-WIRELESS] Nodedb Cull                                                                                         |

I was wondering if it is worth doing a node cull  because I suspect there
are a lot of people on the list who are not interested  anymore but have
not removed there details.  Why do I say this ??   Cause all the people
that appear to be near me I have emailed and havnt got one  response and
would like to find someone to connect to.

Matt.