[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Viva Timor L'Este!

Ryan Hastings fing at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 4 01:46:42 EST 2002

> :)
>
> as of this moment a new nation is born.
>
> :)
>
> Let us cheer the birth of The Sovereign Nation of East Timor, 20/05/2002
>
> Viva!
>
> :)
>
> Dwayne

Yay!

I learned about this reading through a recent issue of The Economist.  And
as good as the news was, I was also a little sickened by the convenient
memory loss of where the funding and weapons used by the regimes that occupied
East Timor for so long, where the money, guns, and bullets came from.

Fuckers.  But good for East Timor.

Love, Fing