[MLB-WIRELESS] A question for the gurus

Rowan Wainwright-Smith Rowan at teleaudit.com
Mon Jun 3 09:47:25 EST 2002

Tony,

I can think of one possible reason for your variations between the two systems.

Take the WiFi card out and check for "Random Noise" interference around each
machine. This is usually caused by things like Hard disks, fans etc. ( things
with motors). a really easy way to check this is put a radio next to the
machines, tuned to an old AM station, if you get static when the Machine is on,
but not when it is off, then that is your problem.

You may well find that the Dell machine does not have a brushless fan in it
either (big interference across a broad spectrum)

There could be other issues there, but I can think of them right now, its MONDAY
Morning!!

Rowan