[MLB-WIRELESS] Proceedings at next meeting.

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Sat Jun 1 01:05:27 EST 2002

At 11:24 AM +1000 31/5/02, sanbar wrote:
>I still don't understand how LUV can be a legal association and yet not
>charge any membership fees,

The model rules allow any association to set their fees as high or as
low as they like, even down to zero.  The fees are set out in a form
called Appendix 4, which we attach to our application when we send it
in.

Of course, there is no reason to assume that LUV are using the model
rules at all.

>and why melbwireless feels compelled to have
to charge any fees at all. Has anyone from WGStructure investigated this?

Defining membership has nothing to do with a fee.  A member is a
member after filling out some paperwork, submitting it to the
secretary, who passes it to the committee for approval.  The fee of
$5 was suggested just to cover administrative costs of keeping all
the legal paper we have to have for the Department of Consumer
Affairs.

Clae.