[MLB-WIRELESS] [WTG][hardware] looking for an AUI to rj45 transciever

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Wed Jul 31 17:11:01 EST 2002

Hi all,
the saga so far.
I recently got a sun sparc 2 - for free (yah)
which I did not have root password for nor NVRAM password for. (boo)
and then I dropped the harddisk (boohoohoo)
and got a bigger harddisk for $30 off ebay (yah)
but still couldn't get into because I didn't have an equivalent machine
to install the OS on (and surprisingly the unix kernal for a sparc 2 and
a sparc 10 are not compatable... although it did boot somewhat.  just
not enough.
several attempts to break into the NVRAM not withstanding I recently got
into it. (yah) because the NVRAM chip is dying. (boo hoo) I have a chip
mod to put a new battery on it, or I can spend $65 and get a new one
from sunrk in sydney.(fun, if not total yah)

but now I realise that I don't have (or have lost... yes, I think that
is actually the case...) the AUI to RJ45 connector.  so unless I want to
run IP over serial, I would really like to get one...

does any one have one of these that they don't need or would be willing
to sell me for a small fee (I can get new ones for ~$45)

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC, RMIT University
paul at serc.rmit.edu.au