[MLB-WIRELESS] A few questions....

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Fri Jul 26 20:42:49 EST 2002

1)   You view the node database at wireles.org.au and also at nodedb.com and
see if there is anyone close to you. (add yourself if you're not already in
them.  You then email those people and ask if they want to connect and how
setup they are.
At these stage there are only a couple of fully functioning AP's around
Melbourne.  Chances are there isn't one in your area.  So basically, if you
setup and AP, you'll get people contacting you asking if they can connect.
It's a case of, if you build it they will come.

2) check the node databases mentioned in 1

3) Depends on how you plan to setup/configure your network as to wether you
even need an access point or not.  An AP is like a hub, everyone points to
it and connects via it.  You can also connect card to card, you could have a
room of just 10 cards and they could all connect to eachother in an Ad-Hoc
fashion without the use of an Access Point.  As for IP's, again, a case of
how you choose to set it up yourself.