[MLB-WIRELESS] Domain name registrations

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Thu Jul 25 19:23:38 EST 2002

Don't forget to check the fine print (eg: who owns the domain, who has the
right to transfer it to another registrant, how long it stays in "stasis"
if you're late paying for it at renewal, etc). As with anything, the
apples-to-apples comparison can only come in if you expand the frame of
reference :)

There was a site that had a comparison of registration agencies a few years
back (Melbourne IT won, by the way) but I've lost track of it and am not
sure if it's been updated to cope with all the new ones now available....

Cheers,

Grant

At 05:10 PM 25/07/02, Barry Park wrote:
>There was a bit of contention in the irc channel the other week
>(#melb-wireless on austnet.org) over where to register domain names in the
>.au name space.
>If anyone's interested, there's a comparison of all the auDA-accredited
>retail and reseller channels at http://www.whatsinaname.com.au/. The
>cheapest for a .com.au is $59, the most expensive $165, so it pays to shop
>around.
>- Barry

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

Level 1, 530 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Ph: +61 3 9909 7067             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au