[MLB-WIRELESS] USB 802.11 W'less Units + O/S's

Radio Tech radio at dodo.com.au
Thu Jul 25 18:24:26 EST 2002

Hi All,

Anyone recommend W'less unit with a USB interface? I see Dlink have one,
but am
looking for a known/proven solution, probably looking for 100mW
power. What's the most "wireless friendly" O/S?
In the process of gathering bits.....got a 14dBi panel antenna from E-Bay,
have an Industrial PC running on 12v DC and can operate Mobile if I need to.
Just need to pick an O/S for it. Have 5dBi mobile antenna, but may need a
pigtail to connect it......has a male MMCX connector.

Jack Chomley
Rockhampton