[MLB-WIRELESS] Bad PR Solution....

Radio Tech radio at dodo.com.au
Tue Jul 23 20:12:01 EST 2002

Kevin,

What ever CAN happen.....the Internet may be simply a "bearer" link
to send/receive data point to point......not WEB browsing or general access.
The event MAY require some kind of bearer link to a remote location,
the "Community Wireless" people simply provide the "bridge" of
connectivity for the event organisation, be it Internet, or LAN etc.
IF you provide this, in the interests of Community Services etc. What can
ISP's do? They are not interested in doing it for free....why would they?
It gives the 802.11 brigade a chance to first of all, raise its profile
in a community spirited way and provide a real sense of achievment in making
a contribution to the general community.
The media won't be able to tip the bucket on you at all....

Jack Chomley
Rockhampton