[MLB-WIRELESS] Bad PR Solution....

Michael Borthwick holden at netspace.net.au
Tue Jul 23 19:05:23 EST 2002

Radio Tech wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been on this forum for all of 5 seconds :-) If you want to counter bad
> media articles. Offer your "Community Wireless" skills to support charity
> functions, ANYTHING that supports non-profit events/functions.
> You MAY find doors open for Internet links for the purpose of providing
> community services et. The PR that follows will be a benefit in the long run.

Absolutely Jack,

In fact the Secretary of Melbourne Wireless represented us a recent community
networking conference and made a lot of valuable connections- for example with
libraries who are interested in being able to interconnect in this way.

The Amateur Radio community do a lot of this sort of work too(he! he! ... says
Tony)

There are also efforts underway to be able to provide net access at dance
parties, protests - it will all come in time - at the moment there is not much
to connec to.

BTW In general the press have been extremely supportive of our efforts, as have
the various Government Departments' we have had cause to come into contact with.