[MLB-WIRELESS] Using the Node Dbase

Richard Van Orsouw Richard.Van.Orsouw at optus.com.au
Fri Jul 19 08:53:26 EST 2002

G'dayI am in the process of connecting to the wireless network. Am I correct in
assuming that if I want to connect to an AP I would use the node Dbase and
do a search on operational and omni?, or am I wrong in assuming that an omni
constitutes an AP?. It seems to me that finding a node near me using the
node dbase only helps me if I want to set up a peer-to-peer link. Is there
anyway that the dbase could be modified to show what the nodes are actually
doing when they are operational (ie which AP they are using, which other
node they are peer-to-peer to.). Have we got a network diagram of how the
network looks?.

Cheers.