[MLB-WIRELESS] Help setting up FreeBSD

KevinL darius at obsidian.com.au
Thu Jul 18 10:10:31 EST 2002

<topic relevance="none">
Incidentally, unless your document editing requirements are pretty
full-on, I'd recommend abiword instead of openoffice - I had openoffice
on my laptop for a while, it's bloated and unstable (well, the debian
package thereof combined with my laptop is - YMMV).  AbiWord, on the
other hand, is nicely pared down - uses less memory, still does what I
need it to do.  Will also import word docs etc (although it makes a
balls-up of tables in word docs, which limits it's effectiveness).

Evolution, if you can run it, is absolutely sweet as a mail client, I
highly recommend it - particularly if you have something like a palm
pilot, where the conduits exist for contacts, todo lists, and
calendaring to keep palm in sync with evolution.  Evolution will deal
nicely with those appointment notification messages outlook sends out
when people book appointments with you - it sucks them into it's own
calendar for you, which is kinda nice, and I believe it can send out
same.

Galeon would be my pick for web browsers - based on Mozilla, but just a
tiny bit nicer :)  Oh, and install gnumeric, for spreadsheets - it can
read excell docs.
</topic>

KJL