[NoCat] distro v0.02 is up

Rob Flickenger rob at oreillynet.com
Tue Jul 16 11:29:30 EST 2002

Hi all--

I've just put the v0.02 distro online at
http://nocat.net/download/distro/.  Don't expect too much (I haven't had
nearly enough time to work in everything I want) but there are some big
improvements over the last attempt:

* host AP actually works (with pcmcia and PCI)
* NoCatGW v0.81 (no Auth service yet)
* Newest wireless tools, pcmcia-cs, and kernel drivers

I've also started /config as a single configuration file, but it's
pretty rudimentary at this stage (you can turn on and off ssh, nocat,
named, dhcpd, etc from there, but you can't configure interfaces or
NoCat specific stuff.)

Installation instructions are the same as last time.  I'm very close to
getting a readonly version running, and I'm making a stab at a UMSDOS
version (to make it easy for windows-only people to get it running...)
But I didn't want that to hold up this release.

We have this release deployed on four live nodes, and all is looking
pretty good so far.  One obvious missing piece is tc (for bandwidth
shaping) but that'll be an add on package very soon...

Have fun,

--Rob

--------------010500080002050803010707--