[MLB-WIRELESS] Can dimensions

Joris joris at linux.be
Thu Jul 11 16:52:24 EST 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 04:11:00PM +1000, Simon Hall wrote:
> Does anyone have a definitive list of cans/products that will make a
> good cantenna.  A DB of this would be cool
http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html contains usefull stuff,
altough I don't know how "exact" it is. Also, keep your imperial/metric
convertor handy.

For the length, I heard someone make a statement on irc a while ago, the
optimal length was close to 48cm, but that's a wild number...

Any other tips on how to improve a cantenna are welcome of course ;)
I'm specifically bothered with the issue of wherether it's better to have a
full, heavy-metal can, or something with very little metal in it, eg,
aluminated cardboard..

--
  Greetings
  Joris