[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: [mesh] Info Pack for perspective POP's

Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
Thu Jul 11 14:07:39 EST 2002

Dale Clapperton [mailto:dale at blackbird.net.au] writes:
> Jamie wrote:
> > I am currently working on an info pack which can be
> provided to building
> > owners/managers (both commercial and residential), councils and
> > companies, to cover the basics on who we are and why we
> want access to
> > the top of their buildings.
> [...]
...snip...
> and cannot be done, and include many nasty provisions which would be
> practically impossable for a non-profit group to meet, such
> as environmental
...snip...
> It might be easier to start from scratch and say "this is who
> we are, this is what we do, this is what we'd like (pretty
> please)" rather than "this is who we are, this is what telstra
> would give you, can we have the same"..
...snip

RE: "this is who we are" (Dale)
I would assume Jamie is writing in respect to the group in which he is the
Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association, and not
Melbourne Wireless Inc. or any other group.
On this topic, I humbly request that anyone who engages in cross-list
posting should be very careful when doing so, so as to avoid _confusion_ and
excess _noise_ on the lists.  If ever in doubt then don't cross post.  Some
people consider cross posting to be a form of spamming, so you should not
expect much sympathy to your cause if you engage in cross posting.

RE: "would be practically impossible for a non-profit group to meet" (Dale)
Membership to the Australian Wireless Association is $100 per annum, as
opposed to the $5 per annum for membership to Melbourne Wireless Inc.   It
is conceivable that the Australian Wireless Association may have the
financial capacity to achieve this.  That is not to say that non-profit
groups such as Melbourne Wireless Inc. have little hope of doing so, just
that it would require more effort and perhaps funding from alternate
sources.

Regards,
Tyson.

   Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au