[MLB-WIRELESS] Ericsson Australia's submission to thewireless broadband inquiry

Nick Sibbing nick at artful.com.au
Wed Jul 10 09:49:42 EST 2002

John Dalton wrote:

> 1453 nodes (from nodedb.com) in a country of 20 million (my guesstimate)
> is 0.007%. (I know not all 20 million are voters, but this is a guestimate).
> Let's say, arbitrarily, that a cause needs 1% of the population to influence
> an election.  Hence we need 200,000 nodes to control the ACA.

I think a smaller group could be very influential if its members
were registered on the electoral roll in just one or two
marginal electorates.  Aust federal lower house electorates have
approx 85000 voters so 500 organised single issue voters would
be more than a half a percent swing which is huge in most marginals

I doubt that it would be a priority for us or that people really
could be bothered but its nice to know that if our interests
were threatened we could get together and be heard

Kind Regards
Nick Sibbing
Artful Solutions
Fax (613) 9728 8294  Ph (613) 9728 8220