[MLB-WIRELESS] Ericsson Australia's submission to thewireless broadband inquiry

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Tue Jul 9 20:05:22 EST 2002

At 1:00 PM +1000 9/7/02, lkhoo at csc.com.au wrote:
>Michael said:
>
>>This would force those using consumer grade equipment out of the band,
>increasing it's utility for the
>>delivery of commercial services by Ericsson's telco customer base.
>
>Could this make the use of current "wi-fi" adapters etc illegal without a
>big dollar licence?
>
>Quite a few of our customer sites have just finished rolling out a heap of
>wireless gear. They'd be quite upset about having to pay a large fee each
>year to use bandwidth that was planned to remain free.

This is a good point.  Ericsson's suggestions would not only affect
freenet groups like us, they would affect any company or
organisation, of any size, that wanted to provide wireless data to
employees or members in the band.

--
David Clae Gason
Secretary, Melbourne Wireless
mailto:secretary at wireless.org.au
http://wireless.org.au

i hate anarchists. i think there should be a law against them  -tahl