[MLB-WIRELESS] Who Gives a S**T About Which OS?????

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Mon Jul 8 23:15:26 EST 2002

Oh come on you lot - I didn't join this bloody mailing list for YAOSBW (Yet
Another Operating System Bigot War) - that's what I read Slashdot for :)

Whether I use Unix, *BSD, Linux (in whatever flavour), Mac, Windoze, Palm
or an abacus should be immaterial unless you're giving me concrete
information that will help me avoid/resolve issues associated with setting
up/running a wireless cloud (and no, telling me to wipe my machine and
start again with a "real" O/S does not go down well at all, I can assure you :)

I've been going through the whole damned "My OS makes my dick bigger than
yours!" bullshit longer than I care to remember and it doesn't help any of
us get through our day's work.

For what it's worth - I've made stacks of $$$ from fixing defects in ALL of
the operating systems I've ever had the joy of encountering because they
are all INHERENTLY BROKEN!!!! I've yet to encounter a system that's
perfect, best for me, intuitive, etc etc etc (the list includes Mac,
Windoze, *nix, OS/2, etc) I use whichever one suits the
client/purpose/budget/is_nearest_to_me and then do what I can to prevent
the (l)users from buggering it up :)

So, the upshot is that tongue in cheek, humourous, whatever - I don't give
a flying F***K which one you love, use or tug-off to while in bed at night
(so long as it can display net-pr0n, it's OK, right? :) I do care about how
to plug security holes, configure cards/routers and mesh clouds...

Cheers,

Grant

PS  Sorry, just annoyed at having to wade through all this crap to find a
couple of interesting emails PLUS find the non-MelbourneWireless ones that
are important for me to address ASAP - keep this up and MelbourneWireless
emails will get consigned to the "I'll read it one day" bucket...

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

Level 1, 530 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Ph: +61 3 9909 7067             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au