crackpot RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] Page 2 of today's age

Matt matthew.c.boyd at uts.edu.au
Mon Jul 8 13:28:12 EST 2002

At 12:57 PM 8/07/2002 +1000, Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au wrote:
>Should Melbourne Wireless post an article on our front page stating that we
>feel cracking is illegal and frowned upon?  Should we make the distinction
>between information gathering and dissemination (ie: warchalking) and
>malicious actions (ie: cracking)?

I don't think there's much point in responding to every crackpot out there,
even if they do get to write stuff in the paper. Anyone with a clue
wouldn't give it more than a moments consideration and anyone that's
clueless probably doesn't care. When angry mobs of people start prowling
the streets of Melbourne looking for nerdy guys carrying laptops and
accusing them of stealing the internet I'll give a sh**.

Matt