[MLB-WIRELESS] Fwd: [mesh] WOAH!

Matt Chipman mkchipman at optushome.com.au
Tue Jul 2 09:24:44 EST 2002

In the short term, it would be nice to have a few low bandwidth services
available purely as a communication medium to the Internet such as a fido to
Internet email gateway with a 200 k message limit or a icq gateway without
the ability to send files.  I think this would be worthwhile for when the
network extends to some areas where people dont want or need fully blown
access to the Internet but do require some sort of communication to the
internet world.

People have to change the way they think.  This is a technologically
advanced thing we are doing and once the network increases its size in a few
years, there will be a great deal of extremely good content on this
Intranet.

How many people during the 80's-90's continually rang the same BBS because
of the content?

Eventually, ISP's will be coming to us to use *our* excess bandwidth to
transport large volumes of traffic down a fast network for 1 or 2 c per meg.

Melbourne Wireless will be the Linux of the Wireless scene as long as people
keep helping people to get a node up.

-Matt