[MLB-WIRELESS] Fwd: [mesh] WOAH!

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Mon Jul 1 22:49:01 EST 2002

*yawn*

From: "Cato" <cato at codebear.com>
> *yawn*. Nice try. But you miss the point completely.
>
> It's not about "What do I do now?" It's about "What shall I do next."

*yawn* *yawn* I'm all for progress for the melbwireless network as long as
it doesn't involve anything to do with a full scale internet feed, access
charges for the network, restrictions, etc. That has been my point of view
for the past year and will continue to be for a long time.

*yawn* *yawn* *yawn*

> People keep moving forward. They don't stop. Up goes an antenna. Up goes
an
> AP. People connect. Then someone says:
>
> "Hey I just realised RASPPPoE will act as a PPPoE concentrator. It's now a
> piece of piss for me to enable anyone with a PPPoE client on the network
> Radius authenticate into my little box and I can resell some bandwidth."
>
> And that's without trying too hard.

*yawn* Mmmm, you forgot to mention the flux capacitor Doc. *yawn* *yawn*

> You may want to cling to the notion of an elitist, technically orientated,
> group of users forming an exclusively hobbyist only WAN mesh. But that's
> not what you will get.

  *Yawn* ummmmm nah sorry, nobody clinging to that notion around here. You
must be trippin on something.  I've been helping people in neighbourhood
connect up for ages now.  Oh wait, yeah you're right that must mean i'm
trying to keep it elitist and for the sole use of technically orientated
people.  In fact, we're designing some script that will only allow
technically minded people to view the information at www.wireless.org.au.

*yawn* *yawn* *yawn*
pffft
whatever