[MLB-WIRELESS] xdB offset cast parabolic dishs by the hundred?

Julian Featherston julian at concentrate.com.au
Wed Jan 30 23:26:23 EST 2002

- well that's why it's here - have a go

> What sort of gain are you after?  If its not
> beyond 24db then I can sell you (or anyone) a hills 15, 19 or
> 24 db reflector, bracket, and either MMDS down convertor

Yes please 2 x 24?, how much?, available at the next meeting or should I
pick up?
As you point out it's not going to be easy, and being able to contrast
how the pros do it, is invaluable.

> there's not too much oomph
> left in the cable by the time it has to push through a
> homemade, mismatched antenna.  Cheers.

Are you saying amateurs haven't been able to match impedances?
If other amateurs can feed dish's at 60%+ efficiency in this band, why
not us?

Jules