[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: bearing/coordinates math

george simmans at datafast.net.au
Sun Jan 27 04:44:19 EST 2002

you first need a map, then mark the two co ordinates on the map.
then using the compass rose plot the bearing  which will be true(not
magnetic) then you need to apply variation to the true ( about 13 degrees in
this part of the world) which will give you the magictic bearing  which you
can then use to with a compass to align the antenae. I beleive the variation
is easterly here but need a mariners chart to check that out