[MLB-WIRELESS] Response to meshing

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Mon Jan 21 23:29:47 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brenden Cooper" <brenden at megalink.com.au>
To: <melbwireless at melbwireless.dyndns.org>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 11:12 PM
Subject: RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] Response to meshing

> The Hardware is only that hardware and is only as good as the software
that
> is driving it.
> Yes its using Karlnet Bridges, no its not depending on it.
> We don't have any nodes at the NAB and there are many, but they do run
form
> many data sources.

You don't run an AP type node from the top of the NAB building in the city
then? I was informed by a couple of people that you do... set the record
straight?

> It funny that you say a colleague has spoken to you about the network as
we
> don't discuss it until now to get the message straight.
>
> Our network is very different and smart, very smart, it knows when there
is
> a problem and can fix it on the fly.
> The nodes are separate but act as one and we aren't going to tell you how
it
> works.
> But it works very well.

It would be nice if you shared some of your "secrets"... it's not like we're
exactly going to be a commercial entity or try to compete with your
commercial interests.

> Thanks
> Brenden Cooper
> Megalink Aust Pty Ltd
> www.megalink.com.au

Signed,
Steven Haigh

The Internet was designed by the American Military back in the late 60's. It
was designed to be a decentralised information delivery system so that in
the event of a nuclear attack, American Military leaders would still have
access to pornography.