[MLB-WIRELESS] meshing

Roger Venning r.venning at telstra.com
Mon Jan 21 14:53:47 EST 2002

Drew,

I think it is feasible (though not 100% desirable) to add a fourth:
- those nodes running an A/P in bridging/IBSS mode with one or more omni
or directional antenna connected via cross-over cable to a dedicated
interface on a router.

This allows the router to form point to point links with distant nodes
and forward incoming packets straight back out the interface to the next
node. Local wireless clients can also be served, although in this case
the router would not peer via OSPF (or alternative routing protocol)
with the client.

my additional 1c AUD

Roger.