[MLB-WIRELESS] Licensing issues

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Thu Jan 17 21:03:50 EST 2002

>I am moving to Goulburn fairly soon and will
                 ^^^^^^^^
My condolances.

Re: your idea of setting up your own private wireless link for ISP
capers... I think it might be cheaper for you to just get Telstra
ADSL.  Goulburn should have it, hell, Bega has it.  That aside, I think you
could do it as long as you payed for all the equipment and didn't brag too
loudly.  In the past I have known others to do just what you have
suggested.  The ISP may be hesitant if there were issues with metering your
megabyte usage (any ISP worth his slat should be able to cope though), and
they may be finny about you poking around their equipment.  Goulburn is a
small town with no big hills in the middle of it so you shouldn't have any
trouble.