[MLB-WIRELESS] Server Status Update

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Thu Jan 17 13:09:37 EST 2002

just some quick news regarding the server....

1) a HDD died in it today, expect some downtime over the weekend as we rip
the dud out - we didn't lose any data - for those *nix buffs, it was only
holding /usr/src/* - but I needed to reboot the server to stop processes
trying to access hdc...

2) sendmail (our SMTP software) has been updated to version 8.12.2 - from
reading the docs, this version will handle the 14,000+ emails this list
sends out per day a little better... I guess time will tell, there's still
over 200 mails in the outgoing queue as I type this....

3) We may end up putting more RAM in the server while removing the dud HDD
on the weekend - if this happens, hopefully it's help speed things up on
those high load days (most days? :)

Thanks, and let's get wireless :)

Signed,
Steven Haigh

Out the 100Base-T, off the firewall, through the router, down the T1,
over the leased line, off the bridge, nothing but Net.

The net will not be what we demand, but what we make it. Build it well.