[MLB-WIRELESS] Cheerio

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jan 17 00:27:48 EST 2002

Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au wrote:

> On that note, I hear Windows XP is actually very wireless friendly
> for the beginner.

*Very* friendly. Supports wireless right out of the box. I've installed
both a PCI card and a USB/LAN connected access point under XP and the OS
picked up both and installed the drivers without me needing to touch the
keyboard. Even picked up and connected the WLAN, and built a bridge
between the NIC and the wireless card. Before anyone flames me for being
an apologist to Redmond, Mandrake Linux does the same out of the box
with the PCI card. Haven't tried its USB support tho, but I don't expect
that the modules/drivers are there for the AP yet.
- Barry

--

barry park
http://members.optushome.com.au/barrypark