[MLB-WIRELESS] Clearing up a few issues. (aka what melbwireless is all about)

Barry Park bpark at theage.fairfax.com.au
Tue Jan 15 15:42:35 EST 2002

NOOOOOOoooooo! Can of worms if you ask me.

If someone's distributing warez, dob them into the BSAA and claim your 2000
pieces of silver. If someone hacks you, call the police. Objectional
content? Phone the ACA and get a take-down notice. There are already ways
and means in place externally to melbwireless without having to try and
police it internally.

Setting rules raises some interesting issues:
(a) What form of due process will determine who is disconnected and/or
barred? Will there be an inquiry before a disconnection notice is issued?
Who has the authority to determine this? Can it be overruled or retracted?
Does responsibility rest with one person or a collective?
(b) Appeals process for those who feel they've been wrongly disconnected?
(c) What information are we legally required to provide to authorities? Do
we provide it as individuals or as a collective? If another member agrees to
provide information to authorities, am I by proxy granting consent to also
give information by being a member of melbwireless? What details will
melbwireless collect from members that it will pass on to authorities?

Best to leave the network open.

- Barry