[MLB-WIRELESS] We need a Newsgroup Server

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Fri Jan 11 10:33:50 EST 2002

> At the moment, a valid question is consumed by the "noise" on the list
> (which I understand I'm adding to with this post).

Hang about, it's not normally like that. :-)

> I have been on the list for a week and I'm thinking about
> leaving, pity
> because a week ago I was keen and interested and now I feel
> the list is
> a bit of a joke.  I might go to a BBQ monthly meeting in the hope of
> meeting the "really interested" (or really interesting?) wireless
> members and see if that will rekindle the flame.

Such is the life of a mailing list.  It goes through cycles, and at other
points, you'll wonder if anyone else is alive, and then you'll get the juicy
technical discussions you've been waiting for.  And there'll always be a bit
of banter - that comes with the territory.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.  And coming along tonight
would be a good thing to do as well.

> The other option is the more selfish "I'll just point it at a mates
> house" wireless deployment.

I'm looking at that possibility as well - it's a good way to get familiar
with the technology.  And besides, your mate may have better connectivity to
another part of the network down the track that you can make use of. :)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain