[MLB-WIRELESS] FW: Galaxy Antenna question

Ben Ryan ben at bssc.edu.au
Fri Jan 11 09:21:34 EST 2002

> Guys I E-mailed the writer of the galaxy mod howto asking where to
> source cheap units. here is his response.

Well, I can get heaps of very similar items, with a few weeks of time maybe 20-40,
and I have successfully modified these based upon a 20dBi Pacific Satellite
parabolic element design.
Instead of the antenna jack being an F socket a length of RG213 trails about 1
foot out the back of the element support tube. This is terminated in an N plug.
These come in a standard gain of 18dbi.

I could source and supply these both modified and unmodified.
Unmodified cost would be ~$20 + ph
Modified cost would be ~$50 + ph

I did post an article earlier regarding ex-paytv antennas, it would make this
job easier if someone could post what they knew in reply to that post!

cheers

ben