[MLB-WIRELESS] Suggested use for Melbwireless

ABBENHUYS, Ryan rabbenhuys at mfbb.vic.gov.au
Fri Jan 11 08:56:30 EST 2002

Okies I know a bit about this as I record a mixup for an Internet dance
music station every now and again. http://www.dancecast.asn.au/

I was actually planning on running a Shoutcast server on Melbwireless for
music and the occasional live mixup from a party.

Technically, it is illegal.  The ABA require you to have a broadcast
license.  Depending on certain criteria there is a cheap license that works
out to like under $1000.  I think it's if you are broadcasting less that a
certain amount and weather its live content, etc.

I wouldn't be too worried about it though as there's plenty of Aussie sites
that would be considered as broadcasting illegaly and nobody really cares.