Killing off [MLB-WIRELESS] Hang on a tick before you all get carried away

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Thu Jan 10 19:38:32 EST 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Lucas Lozo wrote:

> As the activities of a individual may have a legal ramification on all
> other Club members. Irrespective if its non-profit.

Currently, we aren't any kind of legal entity.  We're just a mailing list.
We don't have a board, a constitution or any of that company stuff.  I
don't bear any responsibility for anything that you may or may not do.

For the moment, this is probably a good thing.

As soon as money gets involved in any serious kind of way, we will need to
form some kind of company, or attach ourselves to someone else's.  This
can be a not-for-profit organisation like APANA, but it does require
books (accounting), bank accounts, a consitution, annual general meetings
and all the rest of it.  It doesn't have to be terribly onerous.  But it
does have to be done if we are to move to the next level
organisation-wise (especially if we want a carrier licence).

But first, let's build some network and have some fun.  We don't require
such a company to simply exchange non-Internet traffic between independent
sites.

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201

Echelon teaser: MD5 RX-7 SSL Kiwi TRD DEADBEEF Bubba