[MLB-WIRELESS] What can I get on Melb Wireless.

ABBENHUYS, Ryan rabbenhuys at mfbb.vic.gov.au
Thu Jan 10 14:51:17 EST 2002

you're still leaning toward the Internet or marketable aspect of the whole
idea aren't you Lucas ;)

I think my comparison of the Melbwireless setup to an oldschool BBS was
pretty accurate.  Each node will pretty much be like a BBS until we start
getting some connectivity from Access Point to Access Point.

Anyone connected to an AP should be able to run whatever servers they want
and the other nodes should be able to access them fine via the AP.

This is what most people are interested in.  Getting as many people
connected like this to create our own miniature "Internet" so to speak.
Sure there are people who aren't interested in anything more than connecting
their home to their office and making it as secure as possible.  For them
Melbwireless is just a source of help and advice.

Personally what I am hoping to setup is an AP that provides DNS services so
that individuals can setup their own servers for various things like games,
www, ftp, irc, etc.  Could also setup an email server, etc.  Basically
anything existing on the Internet could also be setup on the melbwireless
WAN.