[MLB-WIRELESS] What can I get on Melb Wireless.

Lucas Lozo lucas.lozo at cdt.com.au
Thu Jan 10 12:57:06 EST 2002

If I install a Node/Access Point on my House, just what can I use or get
on Melbourne Wireless?

I mean If I am going to spend in excess of $1000 to set all this up what
use will it be to me?

Internet will apparently have some legal probs.
I already have Optus Cable, so Any Internet related activities is of no
benefit.

So what else can i do with it???

The only area that may interest me is to use it for a VPN type
application to share a data base with a friend or another office so i
will want to have a certain amount of bandwidth.
That way I pay for some setup cost for equipment, but no further running
costs.

I think think the main advantage of the melb wireless stuff is for small
home business that cannnot afford expensive corportate/internet Data
links between two locations.
But then if bandwidth is consumed by these small businesses, wont other
users/nodes etc get upset?

Can we put together a definitive List of Uses of this Wireless Lan?
Since Internet seems to be no go?

First Uses you can add to the list are:

Small Business VPN style data links.
Public Domain Files store, (but who is going to donate a server and
storage for this?)
network games

what else? please add to list.