[MLB-WIRELESS] Getting equipment for testing

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Mon Jan 7 17:06:45 EST 2002

At 04:30 PM 7/01/2002 +1100, you wrote:

>The site is located in the Latrobe Valley.  Getting my hands on the
>equipment would be a good test I thought.  Any other suggestions to check
>for interference?

That will help a lot, as the probability of interference will  be a lot
lower out there.

Hot tip #1.  Avoid the lowest channel, it will keep you away from the "weak
signal" end of the band, where there are a handful of operators running
various power levels.  The top channel in the Aus band plan will be about
50% outside of the amateur band, and probably much further from the
potential of ATV interference.

I will consult the two band plans and come up with a list of "preferable"
channels which will minimise the risk of mutual interference.

73 de Tony, VK3JED
http://www.qsl.net/vk3jed